LEMON & MASCARPONE PUDDINGS These deliciously light and tasty puddings are the perfect dessert to follow a spicy meal. The fresh taste of lemon zest with the mascarpone topping is difficult to beat. These little individual puddings are made and baked within minutes in the microwave, but they can also be baked in the oven
This is a Christmas twist on a traditional Italian dessert. It’s a boozy treat with brandy, orange and Christmas spices you can easily adjust to your own taste. It can be made within 30 minutes, start to finish, so is ideal for whipping up a quick, but spectacular dessert if friends and family join you for supper. Only 6.5 carbs per serving, what’s not to like?
This is one of my favourite recipes. A delightful boozy treat. With only 8g of Carbs per portion, it is utterly delicious and totally decadent for a diet!
The Cake Part – Ingredients
Makes 18 pieces for 18 individual portions
- 20 tblsp Hazlenut Meal (not flour as this is too heavy)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tblsp Cocoa Powder (highest cocoa content you can find)
- 4 tblsp Melted Butter
- 3 medium Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Slosh Vanilla or Brown Sugar Skinny Syrup (as sugar replacement)
- 4 tsp Instant coffee in a dash of boiling water to dissolve
The Cake Part – Method
- Pre-heat oven to 175*C
- Line and lightly butter an oblong tin – 23cm x 17cm
- Combine the dry ingredients well in a bowl.
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla essence and Skinny Syrup and then add the dissolved coffee.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the egg mixture and the melted butter and mix well.
- Pour evenly into the tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin and then cut carefully into 18 pieces (3 x 6)
- Pieces can be frozen for future use in an airtight bag or container
The Boozy Marsala Part – Ingredients
Makes 4 individual Tiramisu desserts
- 2 shots Roma Coffee (or your favourite coffee) – Espresso measures
- 2 caps Marsala liqueur
- 4 pieces Tiramisu cake (from above)
The Boozy Marsala Part – Method
- Pour the shots of coffee and the caps of Marsala over the cake pieces in a small bowl and turn them over until they have soaked up all the liquid.
The Creamy Part – Ingredients
- 250g tub Mascarpone Cheese
- 300g Double Cream
- 2 sloshes Marsala liqueur
- 1 sosh Vanilla Skinny Syrup
The Creamy Part – Method
- Whisk the cream and mascarpone cheese together until soft peaks are formed. Then whisk in the marsala liqueur and vanilla syrup to taste and the cream is firm enough not to fall out of an upturned bowl.